For the last 3 & 1/2 years I have been the Judge of the 179th District Criminal Court of Harris County. I inherited the worst docket of the 22 Criminal Courts. It had 1100 active criminal cases. Today Oct 1, 2012, we have 409. The backlog docket has been reduced by nearly 2/3ds. We did this by taking only 8 days vacation in 4 years. By working longer hours than every other court. Today, we have the 3rd best active case docket. Give me 6 months more and we will have the best docket.
Here are some highlights of my qualifications:
- 20 years in criminal law with extensive trial experience in over 7000 criminal cases.
- Teacher, ESL to Russian Immigrants.
- Translator. I speak Spanish, German, Russian and French.
- Member of the State Bar of Texas.
- Houston Bar Association
- 2012 ENDORSEMENTS
- MEXICAN AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION 2008 & 2012
- HOUSTON CHRONICLE ENDORSEMENT 2012
- AFL-CIO ENDORSEMENT 2008 & 2012
- HOUSTON BLACK AREA DEMO0CRATS 2008 & 2012
- NORTHEAST MINSTER ALLIANZ 2012
- PASADENA BAR ASSOCIATION 2012
- BAPTIST MINISTERS ASSOCIATION OF HOUSTON & VICINITY 2012
- HOUSTON GLBT 2008 & 2012
- U.S. District Courts Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas and Washington D.C.
- B.B.A. , Lamar University 1973 (Beaumont).
- Juris Doctorate, South Texas College of Law, 1987 Houston.
HGLBT POLITICAL CAUCUS
AFL-CIO LABOR UNION
MEXICAN-AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION
JEWISH HERALD VOICE
PAKISTAN AMERICAN COUNCIL OF TEXAS
I thank you for visiting my site, and I greatly appreciate the support you have shown my campaign thus far.
Judge Randy Roll